I can only go so long without taking pictures before I start to get antsy. It has actually been over a week so you can guess Jack and I headed outside for a little fun in the sun. I find that lately I have the most success when I just let Jack "do his thing" and I just snap away while he's in carefree, 2 year old mode....which also brings me to another point.
For the first time, while editing these pictures I thought "Wow, Jack looks so old! He looks like a little boy!". I know this probably seems so obvious to most of you, but I still think of him as my baby. Gosh he's growing up too quickly for me!
1. Hello, my name is Katie Parrish and I'm addicted to Etsy! I LOVE the website and I think I could honesty find a way to spend every paycheck on random things I don't even need...but LOVE! :) I have bought most of the things for Jack's party from Etsy vendors, not to mention it's also my creative inspiration. I really love these totes from JennyLyons81.
2. I'm super excited to announced Katie Parrish Photography has booked 2 weddings this Fall. To this point I've actually turned down weddings, but I think I'm ready to branch out. Even though I still consider my specialty to be children, I would love to get some great shots like this one taken by Mandy Lynne. This was actually taken at the same winery just outside of STL that one of my weddings will be!
3. Several years ago when we bought some ceiling fans for our home, Bronson and I found and LOVED the Ernest Hemingway floor fan collection. Out of the blue the other day, he brought up the fan again and I thought about getting it for Father's Day. I'm just afraid that it will be one of those gifts that he thinks is bogus because it's just as much for him as it is for me....so I'm undecided. Although it is pretty sweet! (And don't worry, he doesn't read this blog, so I haven't given anything away!)
4. I just got Jack's invites in the mail and they exceeded my expectations! (Another Etsy seller Paper Cut Couture) I'm going to save the back for a future post after I mail them out. I have to save some surprises, but here's the front to get an idea....
5. The next lens on my "to try" list is the Canon 70-200mm/2.8 IS. This lens is OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive but most so called "real" professionals have it in their bag. I'll get around to trying it soon, I'm just afraid I might like it...too much!
6. In July my mom and I are traveling to Chicago for a little getaway and to FINALLY see U2 in concert. If you remember I bought these tickets for my mom 2 Christmases ago, but due to Bono's back surgery the concert was rescheduled for this July and it better be worth the wait.....although I know it will be! :)
7. I love to travel! Well I should probably say I love it when I get there, but the actual traveling part is always quite stressful for me. I HATE to fly and unfortunately most of the places I want to see that I haven't already, require air travel. But at the very top of my list of places I want to see is New Zealand! One day I will bite the bullet and make the flight half way around the world. But I'll need A LOT of Xanax first!
8. I really want a backyard Oasis! We have a very blah backyard right now because to be quite honest the creative juices have come to a screeching halt. In other words, we just don't know what to do with our backyard area. But until we come up with something I'll keep dreaming about a place like this....
9. I have driven a company car for 4 years now and in 4 years I haven't gotten to choose my own car...not that I'm complaining. I love my car! But it doesn't keep me from looking and thinking about what I'd love to have someday if I ever got to choose my own. Right now I'm loving the new Jaguar XJ. This car is GORGEOUS!!! But the catch-22 here is that when the day comes that I no long drive a company car that means I'll probably be out of a job which also means I won't be able to afford this car! Not that I can now either. It stickers for over $72K...YIKES! Can't a girl dream though.....
10. Last week my dear friend, Leslie turned the big 3-0! Because she lives in Louisville, KY we had to postpone her celebration. But let's just say.....it's on this weekend! :)
Bronson and I used this beautiful weekend to clean (inside & out) and make a few improvements here and there! I LOVE this time of year and with warmer weather comes the need to clean...I mean CLEAN everything. Yesterday, I literally Pledged my wood floors on my hands and knees if that gives you any indication of how clean my house is right now. We also had a tree guy stop by yesterday and we got rid of some of our pitiful, dead ones and got some beautiful Blaze Maples in their place. I also made a trip to Lightfoot Farms in Murphysboro today and picked up the gorgeous hanging baskets you see.
Bronson pressure washed the driveway, siding, scrubbed the gutters, and cleaned and hosed out the garage. It's like having a new house again!
I had the honor of taking some engagement pictures for this adorable couple last weekend. In fact the entire family was so warm and welcoming....I didn't want to leave! Mrs. Parmley might have persuaded me to have a glass of sangria before I left! :)
Here are a few of my favorites of John and Erin and the last pic is of Keith, the PRECIOUS son of their neighbors. As you can imagine, as soon as I saw this child my camera was attracted to him like a magnet and I had to get just a few shots. He's like a miniature Justin Timberlake!
I think you probably know by now that I'm a huge Beatles fan and of course I expect Jack will be as well. But this is a tradition that truly started unintentionally. I have the habit of singing "All My Loving" to him when I put him to bed and he is finally at the age where he has picked up on it and sings it with me! It's too cute..
In the last several days we have gone from 90 degrees and beautiful weather to 55 degrees and rainy weather. Depressing!! But yesterday Jack wanted to go outside and he loves to splash in puddles....must be a boy thing. So I put his rain boots on, grabbed my camera and out we went. Unfortunately we only had about a 5 minute window before it started raining hard again and we were forced inside, but here are a few I snapped....
You might have figured from the above picture or facebook comment earlier this week, that I was able to persuade Jack! Thomas the Train is out and The Cat in the Hat is in!!!
I sat down Monday to begrudgingly order the Thomas stuff. I went to BirthdayExpress.com, loaded my cart and was about to click the purchase button, but I just couldn't do it. I thought I'd give The Cat party one more chance. So I went and rented the new "Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That" video, picked up Jack from the sitter's, and started my elaborate party talk. He was sold...and it's been The Cat ever since. Not to mention his love of Thomas has started to wane over the last several months, so I of course, seized the opportunity!
I began the party planning as soon as the words left his mouth. I will just say....It will be his best party yet!
Jack has known most of his letters for quite some time now and I've been meaning to post video, but I've been a little behind. But, thanks to shows like "Super Why" on PBS and Leap Frog's "Letter Factory", he pretty much has it down, including the sound each letter makes and spelling simple words too. Here's a little preview of what's going on in our house. He's been pretty obsessed with letters lately! No complaints here!
Well, the first half of the day was business as usual. I told myself I WAS NOT going to work.....but I failed, miserably. Then this afternoon, Jack and I visited my aunt Susan and Grandma and then came back to the house for a nice dinner, cooked by Bhrett, Josh and Bronson! (My mom is in SC, so our celebration is postponed for several weeks.)
So I tried to stay on the front porch while they were cooking and FINALLY start The Help. It's great so far, although I was a little distracted by the fact my new drink dispenser was being jerked around by Bronson and Josh. Again, another item I've been coveting and I finally pulled the trigger on this sweet Mason Jar drink dispenser from PB...
...and what happens during it's inaugeral use??? The lid gets stuck!! Ughhhhhh! So the guys spent a good 45 minutes twisting, turning, hammering (EEEEK!), and finally trying boiling hot water in an effort to shrink the metal lid. No dice. I'm pretty upset.
But after the delicious dinner we headed outside to enjoy the beautiful weather. All my frustrations went away and I remembered why I'm celebrating this day....
And I just LOVE this one of Nanny, Poppy, and Jack. What a precious moment!!
I work full time-time as a pharmaceutical representative, mother to Jack, and wife to Bronson. I'm also a photographer and I love spending time with my friends and family.
Bronson (aka Daddy Parrish), is an Architect by trade but does more work actually building and taking care of our several businesses.
This blog was started as a tribute to our son and as a way our friends and family can keep up with our crazy lives (even though I do stray off topic from time to time). We invite you to come along with us and hope you enjoy the ride!