I was going to save this one for a Tuesday Ten, but I haven't posted in a while. So here you go...
1. My best girls surprised me Saturday morning at the spa for a birthday brunch, massage and facial. I will do an entire post of yesterday soon, but here's a little preview picture:
2. While on vacation I read "Water for Elephants". Great read and I highly recommend it. Plus the movie is coming out with Robert (yummmm) and Reese, so I had to take action!
3. I also read "Evidence of the Afterlife". It was a life changing book for me. Again, I highly recommend it!
4. Next on my list are these books....
5. My staple perfume is Clinique Happy, but I recently purchased Viva La Juicy and I LOVE it!
6. I have been in full panic mode for the last week after just realizing my sis-in-laws wedding is in just over a month and Jack (the ring bearer), Brons (the musical guest) and myself (no official role but still in pictures) have NOTHING to wear! What!? I know, procrastination is not in me. But the wedding is March 14th in Colorado, which doesn't exactly call for Spring attire, which is all that is available right now!!! I had actually ordered Jack the cutest little tweed pant/suspender set from Dapper Lads (I think the store name says it all) but was just notified this week that I won't be receiving it....EVER! FULL PANIC!!!
So after MUCH stress and online searching I think I've found something that I love. Part of my problem is that I always have something very specific pictured in my head and then spend hours and hours of my time actually trying to fulfill that look. But here is Jack's wool herringbone blazer I ordered from Janie and Jack.....
The wedding colors are brown and turquoise and it's not a really formal affair. But has more of a outdoorsy, Colorado (western), mountain, natural feel. (Sorry Bhrett if you're cringing at my description right now). So super fancy is NOT what I was going for here. But Jack will have chocolate pants, suspenders, hat, and I have a turquoise bow tie for him, but we'll see how that works with "the look".
7. And here is the sweater dress I just ordered. Again I knew exactly the look I wanted and THANK YOU Anthropologie for answering the call. My plan is to put a fun belt and jewels with this sweater and I bought some brown slouchy taller boots with a little western flare to go with it! I couldn't be happier!! Crisis averted!!
8. Speaking of Clinique, I'm pretty old school when it comes to makeup and skin care. I use the 3-step and wear their tinted moisturizer and use pretty much all of their other products as well. Clinique is definitely not considered trendy, but I LOVE it.
9. I LOVE The Beatles! It's no secret that I love music and maybe that should inspire my next Tuesday Ten list. I think many bands and artists are overrated. They don't live up to their hype and honestly The Beatles might be the most hyped band in history. But also one of the few that deserve every bit of it! I think John and Paul were (and Paul still is) musical genius. George Harrison wasn't too shabby either!
I also love, love, love this picture! It's pictures like these that make me jealous of the photographer. I only wish that I could have made this image!
10. But this may be my favorite picture of all time. Photography and history all in one....it doesn't get much better for me!! This picture speaks so much. I had it on the wall in my classromm when I taught and was able to look at it everyday. I think maybe I can give this picture credit for sparking my love for photography!
7 hours ago